A last-minute trip out of town for family matters and I’ve spent the entire day (after class) trying to unearth myself from links and projects and emails. I have a Sharpied list of five enormous projects staring me in the face now, taunting me from my bulletin board. But seeing them there, they seem tacklable. Even if I’ve just realized one of the deadlines is in two and a half weeks, not six.
And I tacked my “we want you in our MFA program” letter from SPU to the board right above it, right below cards and notes from loved ones, to remind me that all I have needed, His hand has provided. The semester marches on. And then. And then!
Some links collecting in my browser:
- From Duke Divinity’s truly excellent Faith & Leadership blog: Exhaustion ethics and Networking: a feature of thriving communities.
- A really fun Culture Diary from Tim Wu, over at the Paris Review. (Parts 1 and 2.)
- The Simpsons will turn 23. (Bart won’t.)
- Coffee cocktails: yes please.
- Rejoice: A new Didion book is on the way.